Please find my published and ongoing research below. Feel free to contact me with any inquiries, comments, or critiques! Replication data are usually available upon request.
- Eichengreen, Barry, Poonam Gupta, and Tim Marple. “A Central Bank Digital Currency for India?” Indian Public Policy Review. 3, no. 4 (July – September 2022): 1-29.
- Marple, Tim, Alison Post, and Karen Trapenberg Frick. “Never Waste A Crisis: How COVID-19 Lockdowns and Message Sources Affect Household Emergency Preparedness”. Natural Hazards Review. 23, no. 3 (April 2022): 1-11.
- Marple, Tim. “Updating Dollar Diplomacy: Leading on Digital Currency Standards” The Washington Quarterly. 44, no. 4 (December 2021).
- Marple, Tim. “Bigger than Bitcoin: A Theoretical Typology and Research Agenda for Cryptocurrencies.” Business and Politics, 23(4): 1-17.
- Aggarwal, Vinod and Tim Marple. “Digital Currency Wars? US-China Competition and Economic Statecraft.” Global Asia 15, no. 4 (December 2020).
- Marple, Tim. The Social Management of Complex Uncertainty: Central Bank Similarity and Crisis Liquidity Swaps at the Federal Reserve. Review of International Organizations (online May 2020).
- Young, Kevin L., Tim Marple, and James Heilman. “Beyond the revolving door: Advocacy behavior and social distance to financial regulators.” Business and Politics 19.2 (2017): 327-364.
- “The Geoeconomics of Traditional and Digital Government Currencies” (in preparation for the Oxford Handbook on Geoeconomics)
- “Racing to Reimagine Money: Strategic Interaction in in the Race for Central Bank Digital Currencies”
- “In Code We Trust: The Global Politics of Re-Designing Government Money”
- “Early Birds and Tardy Mice: First-Mover Advantage and Choice Diffusion in Central Bank Digital Currency Design”
- “Funding Protection from Natural and Manmade Hazards: Presenting Risks over Longer Time Frames Increases Voter Support” (with Alison Post)
- “Butterfly Effects in Global Trade: Disruption and Diversion in Border Disputes” (with Ryan Brutger)
- “Elite Ties & Advocacy Success: Analysis of Regulatory Policymaking by the US Securities and Exchange Commission” (with Kevin Young, James Heilman, & Bruce Desmarais)
- “Collapsing Corporate Confusion: Leveraging Network Structure for Effective Entity Resolution in Relational Corporate Data” (with Bruce Desmarais & Kevin Young)